Save 25% on Your First Service!
Irrigation in South-Central Kansas
It goes without saying that your lawn won’t last very long without regular irrigation in this part of Kansas. If you don’t want to spend up to an hour a day standing on your lawn with a garden hose, an automated irrigation system is the way to go. Our irrigation installation services outfit your lawn and garden with an out-of-sight and programmable watering system so you don’t have to worry about watering by hand again.
When you choose Wetlands Irrigation and Turf for your irrigation needs, we will:
- Consult with you to learn what vision you have for your lawn and garden.
- Inspect the property with trained eyes to determine the best layout for irrigation pipes and sprinkler heads.
- Map out a custom irrigation layout for your yard.
- Install your irrigation with professional care and efficiency.
- Test the system to ensure it works properly.
- Give you clear instructions on how to operate your new irrigation system, and insights into the best times to water your grass for maximal effectiveness.
Lawns in Kansas require regular and dependable irrigation. That’s exactly what our team provides. We warranty all our irrigation systems for 3 years, so we’ll resolve any issues that crop up during that time. Connect with us to learn how we can partner with you to develop an easy system for your lawn!
Get a Free Estimate
Why You Need Irrigation Services
In general, lawns need 1 inch of water per week to stay green and healthy year round. But in our semi-arid part of Kansas, we don’t receive enough natural rainfall to sustain our lawns. While an inch of rain a week (totally ~52 inches total through the year) would be ideal, that just isn’t the reality here in Central Kansas. Wichita receives an average annual rainfall of 34.31 inches, while Salinas gets even less: 29.69 inches.
That leaves us 18 to 22 inches short of the rainfall we need for green, lush lawns. So we need to make our own rain, which is where irrigation comes in!
An irrigation system supplements rainfall on your lawn by:
- Watering in the early morning before the sun has risen and wind has picked up, maximizing the amount of water that soaks into the soil.
- Fill in gaps in rainfall with consistent water for your grass so it doesn’t go dormant when you don’t want it to.
- Pausing irrigation on weeks when enough natural rain falls, conserving your water, and lowering your water bill.
Trust Our Highly Trained Team
Every new member of our team goes through thorough training during onboarding, learning proven techniques from seasoned veterans in our company. Additionally, all our staff attends monthly training sessions to keep them sharp and up to date on the latest trends, science, and changes in technology. When you work with Wetlands Irrigation and Turf, you’re partnering with an ever-improving team of lawn and irrigation experts that are friendly and knowledgeable about lawn care.
How Will This Impact Your Existing Lawn?
Our irrigation installation should not leave lasting damage to your lawn! Our team uses a vibratory plow that puts the piping into the ground without trenching and our crews are trained to save and replace the sod where they need to dig holes. Usually, after a week or two of watering, the main difference you will notice is a greener lawn!
Experience The Wetlands Difference
When you sign up for our irrigation services this is what you'll get:
- We use a very precise estimating process that ensures our quotes are correct and only vary in your favor.
- We provide you with an accurate as-built design upon completion of your sprinkler system.
- We design your sprinkler system with head-to-head coverage to eliminate future dry spots.
- You are covered by our “No dry spots” guarantee. If a dry spot appears within the first year because of insufficient design, we will correct it for free!
- Our three-year system warranty covers all parts and labor to repair installation or manufacturer defects.
- Your satisfaction is our number one priority. We will work with you until that has been achieved!
- We employ only honest and conscientious employees so you can rest easy knowing your property and privacy is safe.
We Also Offer Irrigation Maintenance
With our irritation management contracts, we will perform quarterly checkups on your system. At each visit, we will inspect and adjust heads as needed and program the controller for the appropriate watering schedule. The investment starts at $295/year per system or controller. This covers up to one hour of labor per visit and additional labor or materials used will be billed at the time of service. Our maintenance service really helps to keep repairs to a minimum and catch problems in the early stages. Our other checkups include:
- Spring Start-up: We will inspect the irrigation system for damage from the winter and general maintenance and adjustments. Our technician will program the controller for the spring watering schedule.
- Winterization: We will shut down and winterize the sprinkler system in the fall to prevent freeze damage. We guarantee any system we winterize against freeze damage.
Areas We Service in Central Kansas
Like you, we’re proud Kansans serving locally with quality lawn care and community investment. See if we work in your neck of the woods.